Friday, May 14, 2010

またテレビ金沢!

TV Kanazawa again!

 

I was interviewed for a news program again today!

About twice every month I go to help teach English at a local women's junior college.  Today, the class consisted of a field trip to local historical houses in the Nagamachi samurai district of Kanazawa, and I was basically along for the ride as a tour-goer.  The local news crew happened to be there too, and I was interviewed for the evening news about my impressions.  The students were vastly nervous, but they managed to do what was asked of them.

I could launch into a whole opinion piece about English education in Japan (there's quite a lot to say), but I won't do that now.  Anyhow, it's a fun gig for me, and I learn quite a bit doing it too.

 

Article in Japanese

Article in English (Google translated)

Video (in Japanese)

What I said: "It was really fun and a good experience. // Yes, I understood everything."

 

Next week I'm flying to America for a weeklong break of sorts.  This is the longest I've been away from my country.  More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment